GENERAL AGREEMENT TO USE WEBSITE
By using and accessing this Web Site at www.careerpacific.com, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
Career Pacific Pte Ltd ("Career Pacific") provides the services and contents on this Web Site on an "as is" basis. Career Pacific, its employees, subsidiaries, related corporations, associates and affiliates make no representations, endorsements or warranties of any kind whatsoever about the services and contents on this Web Site, including advertisements supplied by the respective advertisers and their creditworthiness, and in no event shall Career Pacific be liable to any party for any damages, claims, expenses or losses of any kind arising from or in connection with any use of or reliance on the accuracy, availability, currency, title, non-infringement, quality, reliability, suitability and completeness of the services and contents.
Career Pacific reserves all intellectual property rights to its services and contents on this Web Site, including international copyright and trade mark rights. All other names, products and marks mentioned are the intellectual property rights of their respective owners. No materials provided through this Web Site, including text, graphics, code and/or software may be reproduced, modified, adapted, distributed, published, displayed, uploaded, posted, transmitted or hyperlinked in any manner and in any form without the express, prior written approval of Career Pacific and the respective copyright and trade mark holders. The services and contents provided by Career Pacific on this Web Site are for the user's personal consumption only, and the user may not engage in any dealings with other parties with such services and contents. Such dealings include commercial dealings and dealings which will adversely affect the commercial value of the services and contents provided by Career Pacific. By submitting content to any public area of the Web Site, including message boards, forums, and, you grant the Career Pacific and its affiliates the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to display, use, store, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display such content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed and to grant and authorise sublicenses thereof. By submitting such content, you also warrant that the holder of any rights has irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. Subject to the foregoing, the holder of such rights retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
In order to be able to [access, submit and post jobs and resumes on this Web Site] ("Service"), all users must register with Career Pacific prior to using the Service. By registering with Career Pacific, you warrant that all your supplied personal particulars are accurate, complete and current. Career Pacific will provide you with a User Account, to be accessed by way of the Career Pacific-issued password. Your User Account type is determined whether you are registering as an employer or a candidate and your account type will be subject to additional terms for Employer[url] or Candidate[url]. Career Pacific shall provide to you the Service, but this shall be without prejudice to the right of Career Pacific, if in its sole discretion it deems appropriate, to vary, discontinue or change any part of the Service at any time, including but not limited to the removal of content, and the blocking or filtering of data, without notice to you. In addition, you agree to:
- be solely responsible for the set-up, configuration or compatibility of his hardware, equipment and software for access to the Service (including such changes as may be made to the Service by Career Pacific from time to time) pursuant to such directions, instructions and notices that may be given by Career Pacific and shall provide at your own expense all facilities or resources necessary for such proper access;
- comply with the rules of any network through which you access the Service;
- be solely responsible for all information retrieved, stored and transmitted through the Service by you including ensuring you have the necessary rights and consents to do so and that such information is not defamatory or objectionable;
- access the Service, and where so necessary, access the Service via your User Account, by using your password;
- take all such measures and steps as may be necessary (including but not limited to changing his password from time to time) to protect your password and to prevent unauthorised use of your User Account or unauthorised disclosure of your password;
- notify Career Pacific if you User become aware of or reasonably believes that there is any unauthorised use of your User Account or any other breach of security, and to co-operate with Career Pacific in all such investigations;
- comply with and shall not contravene all applicable laws, regulations and directives including, without limitation, the laws of Singapore, relating to the use of the Service;
- not post any content that contain any hyperlinks, email addresses, HTML Tags, "hidden" keywords or any keywords that are irrelevant to the purpose of this Web Site or are otherwise misleading;
- not use the Service for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees, including but not limited to using the Web Site to sell or promote any products or services;
- not post any incomplete, false or inaccurate information or information which you are not authorised to post or relevant to you;
- not use the Service to engage in any false advertising, pyramid scheme or similar schemes;
- not use or permit anyone to use the Service for any unlawful purposes; and
- not share the Service with any other person or individual.
Breach of the terms of this Agreement may result in the suspension of your use of the Service.
Career Pacific forbids the use of any robot, spider, automatic device, manual process, software or routine which may interfere with the proper operation of this Web Site or any transactions being conducted on this Web Site or to access parts of the Web Site without authority. The use of this Web Site and the services offered by Career Pacific is subject to such additional terms and conditions as Career Pacific may prescribe from time to time.
By making available information and data pursuant on this Web Site, including facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organisations of deemed interest, Career Pacific and its Information Providers are not giving or purporting to give or representing or holding themselves out as giving financial, investment, tax, legal, employment, career and other professional advice. The user shall always seek the relevant professional advice before otherwise making any such financial, legal, employment, career or commercial decisions. In addition, due to the open nature of the Internet, Career Pacific cannot vouch for the reliability of electronic communications.
Career Pacific cannot and do not endorse, and cannot be responsible for, the messages, views, opinions, research and recommendations of individuals, users, and organisations of deemed interest, or advocate any commercial dealings in any securities, investments or classes of securities or investments nor does the inclusion on this Web Site of a link to other web site(s) or resources imply any form of endorsement by Career Pacific. Career Pacific does not actively review or edit the messages, views, opinions, research and recommendations of users, even if such messages, views, opinions, research and recommendations are made by the users using this Web Site. While the information on the Web Site has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, none of the data, news, information, reports or opinions nor any of the recommendations (if any) has been customised for any specific person or class of persons or independently verified by Career Pacific. Career Pacific accepts no liability for any loss arising out of the use of the information or recommendations on the Web Site. The information and data available on this Web Site presented in text, graphics or whatever form, may include inaccuracies or errors and Career Pacific and its Information Providers reserve the right to periodically make changes to the information or data on this Web Site.
Career Pacific reserves the right to make changes and corrections, at any time and without notice, to this Web Site, its services and its contents, including the removal of news or postings and changes and corrections to this agreement. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws to the Republic of Singapore, and any claims or disputes of whatever nature shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
Version 1.0. Last updated on Sept 2008